June 5, 2013 7pm - 9:30pm
Detroit Zoo, Wildlife Interpretive Gallery Theather
WOW! It's been six months since I started the build a business website series, and time has gone by quick! We've learned how to setup Joomla!, Optimize it for Search Engines (SEO), and taken an in depth look at Inbound Marketing, sh404SEF and RSForms.
This month, we're going back to the basics as a refresher before we get into the next five months (or more) of how to make money with your business website.
Session: Back To Basics - Introduction to Joomla!
During this session, we'll be going over the following materials in building a business website again just to refresh our minds on the process:
Here's what you will learn:
1. Introduction and housekeeping - for newcomers
2. Evaluating your business
3. Planning a new site or overhauling the existing one
4. Setting up the hosting environment
5. Installing the website software correctly
6. Google Analytics/Webmaster tools
7. Website building basics
8. Content is king - starting with content
9. Your Menus - How to make them work for you
10. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) basics
11. Social Media - What works and what doesn't
12. Google Places - for "brick and mortars"
13. Putting it all together
What you will need: I would highly suggest bringing a laptop or full Operating System tablet to this meeting. Lacking a full OS, then a Android tablet or iPad will be sufficient. It isn't a requirement, but will be handy for following along.
We hope to see all of you there! We are asking for a $10 donation to help support Joomla Detroit. If you have the means, we appreciate it!
Alternately, if you wish to sponsor us, we will place an ad on the JoomlaDetroit.com homepage to your website (Do follow link). The cost is only $30 per month on a month to month basis.